Benefits of Vegan Beauty Products
Do you really know what your makeup and skin care products are made of? You might not like the answer. In fact, if you knew, you may not want to buy your favorite brand of makeup ever again. Luckily, many women are educating themselves about what’s really in their foundation and making the switch to vegan beauty products.
Here are just some of the ingredients you may find in your favorite foundation or eye makeup – are you ready?
- Animal carcasses
- Degreasers (the same type used to get grease off of rims and tires)
- Hormone disruptors
- Coal tar dye
Part of the reason for these crazy ingredients is the lack of government policies on what is required on packaging. Companies are not required by law to list the ingredients they put in your favorite products. This is great news for manufacturers, but very bad news for you, the consumer. Another scary thought: many beauty products and ingredients are tested on animals before they hit the store shelves; this is not ok.
Benefits of vegan products
- They are never tested on animals: You can wear the products with a clear conscience knowing that no animals were harmed in the making or testing of the product.
- They are better for sensitive skin: Because there are no harsh chemicals or toxins, they are much better suited for sensitive skin.
- They are made from natural ingredients: And only a handful of them. Vitamin E, aloe, and Vitamin C are just a few of the natural ingredients you’ll find. How easy were those to pronounce?
- Environmentally friendly: The packaging is made from recycled and reusable materials so you’ll be lessening your carbon footprint.
Vegan beauty products can be the answer you’re looking for if you want a more environmentally friendly and healthier option for your beauty routine.